Kavalan Solist Ex-Bourbon Single Cask Strength

Kavalan // Taiwan

1. Camardicus

Beautiful nose with aged oak, vanilla, and stonefruit coming through. The body is full, warm and fruity. Green apples, honey, and lightly citric on the palate. The finish is long, fruity with a gently spiced aftertaste. Overall, this whisky is fragrant, balanced and maybe one of the best whiskys I have had. Cask # B111209009A. Bottle # 131/195.
  2. nooshw

3. Soba45

Interesting I've seen people who have tried both the CS and 46% version and prefer the latter. I think I have to agree with Joe C on this one. I found the CS version a bit hot and bitter until I watered the shite out of it...and still the bitterness remained on the aftertaste more so than the 46% version. If the 46% is a 4 to 4.25 this is a 3.75 to 4. I was thinking I'd love to try it too see how they compare, forgot I had a sample and then when I went to randomly grab a dram it was this one! As for notes, similar to the 46 but the balance isn't quite there.
  4. khigllc

International spirits challenge 2017 winner. Iwsc trophy 2017.
  5. philnick93

Super interesting bourbon finish, unlike any I’ve ever had. Sweet and spicy, hot but good with a little water. 92
  6. petrarchanmotif

Little Toasted
  7. LG17

8. cptraynor

Nose: Pineapple and lemon meringue; honey. Taste: Sweet and full; beautiful pineapple and papaya; buttery. Finish: Long and sweet; vanilla and oaky. Cask strength is 59.4%.
    120.0 CAD per Bottle
    Surrey
  9. Aki-Ranin

With water. NOSE: Strong deep pineapple and melon. Undertones of butter and biscuits. PALATE: Starts with butter, moves to fruit and cinnamon. Finish with salted taffee, exquisite. OVERALL: Very similar to Hibiki.
  10. jyiehsun