Paul John Classic Select Cask Single Malt

1. shail

Tasted April 15, 2021
    2. bigtruckboy2001

Tasted March 11, 2021
      At first impression on the nose I get very bourbonish notes of cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla spices. There is also a very nutty note of maybe walnuts there that is prominent. As I nose it deeper, the tropical fruits begin to appear with papaya, pineapple, apple, and mango coming through. The flavor opens with sweet honey malty cereal notes. The fruitiness appears mid palate and continues through the finish as baking spices appear at the end to finish the experience. The high proof does give the whisky an astringency, but a little water and time in the glass smoothes out the experience, and allows more fruit flavors to come out as the whisky opens up in the glass.
    3. metallica83

6. Toby-Meatyard

Tasted September 5, 2020
    7. Ian-Fischer

Tasted July 8, 2020
      The nose is hot, with stone fruits and spices, followed by some sweet vanilla. Palate is like a warm, baked apple pie, followed by candied almonds and warm spices. This is a good bottle, but certainly overvalued, as I purchased it at $75.
    8. RVM

Tasted May 1, 2020
      This is a weird one. Most of a bottle done and I'm still grappling with it. This needs water. The alcohol is punchy. My problem is... Coconut. I get the tropical fruit and a touch of mild spice. But I get coconut and I'm not sure I like it in this context. It confuses me. I want to like it but I'm struggling. So. An adventure. Different and maybe too young but packed with flavour. Dammit! Feel my pain, people!
    9. TheWhiskeyJug

Tasted April 2, 2020
      No reason to not enjoy this whisky. Aroma is fun and fruity with a light tropical fruit essence hiding under the heavier orchard fruit layer; Palate is rich, heavy and bold with a wall of complex fruit; Finish is a warm bold fade of its core notes.
    10. Adamant

Tasted February 15, 2020
      Good stuff. The flavors remind me more of an aged rum than a whiskey, but they are still very nice. I find it a bit too much to drink without water or ice. Probably a misuse of such expensive whiskey but I've enjoyed it most Old Fadhioned and Manhattan cocktails. The high proof and flavors make it awesome for cocktails.
    Results 1-10 of 42 Tastes