Paul John Classic Select Cask Single Malt

Paul John // Goa, India

1. Ian-Fischer

The nose is hot, with stone fruits and spices, followed by some sweet vanilla. Palate is like a warm, baked apple pie, followed by candied almonds and warm spices. This is a good bottle, but certainly overvalued, as I purchased it at $75.
  2. RVM

This is a weird one. Most of a bottle done and I'm still grappling with it. This needs water. The alcohol is punchy. My problem is... Coconut. I get the tropical fruit and a touch of mild spice. But I get coconut and I'm not sure I like it in this context. It confuses me. I want to like it but I'm struggling. So. An adventure. Different and maybe too young but packed with flavour. Dammit! Feel my pain, people!
  3. TheWhiskeyJug

No reason to not enjoy this whisky. Aroma is fun and fruity with a light tropical fruit essence hiding under the heavier orchard fruit layer; Palate is rich, heavy and bold with a wall of complex fruit; Finish is a warm bold fade of its core notes.
  4. Adamant

Good stuff. The flavors remind me more of an aged rum than a whiskey, but they are still very nice. I find it a bit too much to drink without water or ice. Probably a misuse of such expensive whiskey but I've enjoyed it most Old Fadhioned and Manhattan cocktails. The high proof and flavors make it awesome for cocktails.
  5. t0m

6. Cir0w

7. James-Savage

8. rshipskind

A bit of spice
    11.0 USD per Shot
    Jack Rose Dining Saloon
  9. DevilsCabanaBoy

Overall good. A ton of spice, and some vanilla, bananas, fruit and a slight bit of cinnamon?
  10. Mtnjim71