Redbreast Lustau Edition

Single Pot Still

Redbreast // Ireland

1. SRPace10

2. tylerg

My only experience with Irish whiskey so far, but my friends say it is top of the line. I am used to scotches but for its own category I give it a 4. I enjoy the aftertaste.
  3. AndrewDaWolf

Delightful. Nutty and definitely fruity, as advertised. The suttle sweetness remains throughout, and the spice hits at the back end. There's some woody-vanilla that I'm detecting too. Best Irish I've ever had. Only hold up is pricing, but honestly if you're not trying to be frugal, it's definitely worth the price.
  4. cascode

Nose: At first the nose is sweet and delicate with fresh and dried fruit (red apple, dried apricot, date and fig) and a sherry oak and toasted cereal foundation. As it rests in the glass and opens it gains considerable depth with the sherry cask influence becoming primary. It's a pleasing nose. Palate: Firm but sweet arrival that features dark fruits in spiced toffee and walnut sauce. There is a constant background of musty oak and warm spices are in abundance (cinnamon, mild chilli) but the spice notes never become sharp nor peppery. The texture is full but not quite oily. Finish: Medium. Dark fruit, cereal and sherry cask notes that fade to a slightly bitter aftertaste with metallic overtones. A good whisky that starts out very well but loses its way through the progression, with the final notes being a little unbalanced and harsh. It left me with a distinct impression of having just licked a copper penny, and prominent fruity notes I usually get from Redbreast seemed to be diminished. Adding a little water helped the finish. The age statement Redbreasts are pretty good drams (particularly the 12 year old cask strength and 21 year old bottlings), but while this NAS sherry finished expression has its attractive moments it seemed a bit lost and uncertain, and almost unnecessary - a gilding of the lily, as it were. Although it is specified to be oloroso cask maturation, I could easily believe that a fino cask found its way into the marriage - this is quite dry in profile. Certainly an above average whisky, but not a real stunner to my palate, and I think overpriced. The official review here also seems a bit at odds with my impression. Maybe this has changed since it was introduced? Although I preferred the palate with a dash of water take care if diluting as you can easily kill the nose. Tasted from a 30ml sample. "Above Average" : 3.25 stars
    150.0 AUD per Bottle
  5. Dolphin_Jesus

Favorite Irish I have had yet! Beautifully complex without being overbearing and difficult to share with a newer drinker. Buttery dogs adorned with orange peel make up the initial palette with sweet shortbread rounding out the finish. It has a thick mouthfeel that hangs around for a very long time. The aftertaste is heavy apples and sherry and is delightful.
  6. gbaluh

7. cbaileygates00

8. Phil-McGurk

9. amjacobson98

10. Erica-Loberg

Vanilla on the nose. Light, creamy mouth, and (very smooth) finish for daayys. 🤤