Springbank 11 Year Local Barley

2. WhiskyZak

3. Beavis

4. whiskeysn0b

5. Richard-ModernDrinking

Yet more samples from Campbeltown have arrived at my door, among them two of the Springbank Local Barley releases. Let’s try them side by side. First up to bat is the 11-year-old and it’s super oily in the glass. The nose is creamy and malty, with hints of dark chocolate and mint. Water amplifies the aromas for the better. Taste wise, it’s more of the same - creamy, malty, minty. The finish is slightly sweet and tangy. This is a very refined and somewhat traditional tasting Scotch, enjoyable but not life changing.
  6. RaresMan

super smooth, delicious
  7. Paul-Dutton

8. nooranen

9. Soba45

Damn this whiskey bar is good. All the fresh off the press brand new stuff up for the tasting. I'd heard great things about the 16 year, did the 11 live up to the family hype? Unfortunately I paired it with the Hazelburn Olorosso and Kilchoman Red wine which took out joint first. This was good and a few drops of water opened it up but it wasn't as good as the other two. I can't remember exact flavour profiles as I was on my third whiskey and chatting to a mate so my memory fails me. It's a fair bit more expensive nearly 50%) than the Hazelburn 13 at $115USD. A respectable 4 I'll give it.