Tullamore D.E.W. Trilogy 15 Year

Blended

Tullamore D.E.W. // Ireland

1. Pat-Sorohan

baking spices; cinnamon, nutmeg. can really taste the rum sweetness too. reminds me of a British baked treat
  2. ronto34

Very nice drink. Sweet and vanilla to start. A bit oily on the tongue and a touch of spice in the finish. There are additional fruit notes as well. A very easy sipping whisky
  3. MattH

4. jason2312

OK Irish Whiskey but not buying again
  5. dankovci

My favorite of Tullamore so far, although I have yet to open the 18. Even at 55% ABV it is smooth and has a low alcohol burn and wonderful complex woody flavors. No water or ice needed to make it drinkable. By far the most well rounded of their offerings.
  6. wacki324

This is damn delicious. So smooth and so clean, clean. Definitely my new favorite high end Irish whiskey!
  7. Benji-Robert

Amanda's final words in her excellent review say it best. Layered and tasty, but smooth and sippable. Fruit-forward, but without some of the notes that make that a turn-off for many including myself. The green tea and plum do not overreach, the tullamore body isnt lost, the cask finishes are all really pleasant to sip and let them lead your tongue around. Neat it wasnt perfect. In my few tests about half a cube worth of water for a small tumbler worked best. A fat tumbler pour over 1.5 cubes with 1teaspoon licor 43 brought ALL the caskings out fabulously. I want to give it a 4, but 3.75 like someone else said is maybe the reach. 3.5 totally out of 5 I could see. its unique, its tullamore, its Irish craft refined. Nothing to go stash a case of, but a bottle I definitely liked.
  8. whiskeyrehan