Tyrconnell 16 Year Oloroso & Moscatel Cask Finish

Tyrconnell // Ireland

1. DigitalCork

The nose is herbal summer, with champagne minerality, and something flowery. The palate is effervescent with dried citrus fruits, and malt coming across as vanilla caramel. The citrus note integrates well with the finish of grapefruit and sandalwood. The moscatel cask influence is the highlight of the show, while the oloroso cask influence is imperceptible to my untrained palate. Still, it's amazing, I could sip this all day! Being as it is double, rather than triple distilled (as are the majority of Irish whiskies), a very satisfactory mouthfeel is apparent. As a summer dram, this Irish whiskey performs marvelously, offering complexity equal to, or better than, Diageo 'classic' scotches like the Dalwhinnie 15 or Cragganmore 12. This a limited edition release, however, and I'll probably have a tantrum with it's eventual absence. Kilbeggan Distillery, are you reading this?! For the sake of Jesus, Mary & Joseph: go with this as a standard offering. My Rating Glossary: Two Stars: "I'd rather be drinking lite beer." Two 1/2 Stars: "Posh rubbish." Three Stars: "I love whisk(e)y. This is average love." Three 1/2 Stars: "May buy again." Four Stars: "I've got to get you into my life." Four 1/2 Stars: "Better than drugs." Five Stars: "Life is good. Whisky makes it better."
  2. ASalminen

3. The Burns Pub & Restaurant
  4. JeeDee

5. Elw00t

Super tasty. Beautiful hints of sweet and spices. Nothing over powers or steals the show. It all works nicely with each other. Enjoyed a dram with @salvatore8 . @silverelizard we should look for this.
  6. salvatore_at_distiller

Really enjoyed this, very smooth
  7. mikael

Very very sweet. Not unpleasant but right up on the line for me. Nice and full. Couldn’t have it regularly, but it’s a treat.
  8. brent