Westland Sherry Wood American Single Malt

American Single Malt

Westland // Washington , USA

1. DramItToHell

There are aromas of brown butter and dark sugar with a fruity backnote. This is a very sweet dram with maraschino cherries, butter, and toffee, almost like butterscotch candy. It is oily and tingly on the tongue.
  2. rick20147

3. olysliquor

4. Brosz17

5. thepeterman

6. jdriip

Young and spirity with stone fruits, citrus and malt. A splash of water helps tame the beast.
  7. Jayce

I think I love Sherry Wood more in my head than on my tongue. I’m revisiting my Westland bottles with a shard of ice and a fresh perspective. SW on ice stubbornly maintains its color until the 25th hour, but the nose absolutely blossoms into this rich landscape. The palate wants to open up as well but just barely doesn’t and it keeps that astringent finish that I’m too much of a baby to ignore. That said, nothing ventured, nothing gained... we’re back at the rating we started and I’m not mad at it.
    Madrona K-8 School
  8. Jayce

I love Sherry Wood. A cousin of Peated apparently, both employ ex-sherry casks. Today brought me a buttery note I hadn’t previously noticed. Simple and elegant. This thing is like a wild horse. I’m not sure what I mean by that, but it sounds right. Like when you see a shiny, black horse running in slow motion so you see all the veins and striations. This sip is kinda like that.
    Madrona Hall
  9. krosco122

Very fruity. One note. But good finish. Lots of sweet fruits.
  10. amquick

First opened No water Nose - sweet sherry, dark fruit Taste - very fruit forward, good finish with a little burn.