Requested By James-MacLaren

Wilderness Trail // Kentucky , USA

Requested By James-MacLaren
  1. RedhawkHoosier

2. Fafnir187

120 proof version. Ok let’s start with nosing this you never in a million years guess its 120 proof both from the lack of ethanol and the overall delicacy of the aroma. Wildflower, honeysuckle, spearmint, berries, fresh cut Bermuda grass, ground mustard seed, and anise. On the palate opens with lots of honey and sugar cookie, followed by strawberry, rye, and savory sweet corn in the mid palate. Finish is mint, black licorice, hay, and finely ground white pepper, and it’s ridiculously (and enjoyably) long. Flavors are rich and punchy, and the ride from sweet to savory to herbal flows seamlessly which always is going to score an extra point from me. Mouthfeel is very silky for a rye; another plus. An assertive yet balanced rye. I really loved this. At $63, it’s inline for what you would expect to pay for a barrel proof rye and you get your money’s worth. Would buy again.
  3. Kirk-Leverone

After my first sip I had to take another look at the bottle to verify I had indeed read "Barrell proof". This is very surprisingly smooth for 115 proof rye - it does have a little bite, but not nearly as much as I'd expect. Overall a really delicious rye. One of my favorites.
  4. Scott-Rosey

5. Jjkooiman

6. Bryan-Brady

7. Bryan-Brady

Very nice
  8. Deucedriver

Barrel # 15L3019C, 55.5% ABV, bottle 59 of 238, tasted over a few weeks, usually in a Bourbon Trail glass. One of the more unique, if not the most unique Rye I’ve had. On the nose the proof is well hidden in a sweet, almost forest like aroma with a hint of licorice and pine. I’m not a big licorice fan, but this is not off-putting to me, it actually hits a few things I like about it. Very viscous, nice glass coating. On the palate the proof again is well hidden, the first touch reminds me of the sweet smell of a pine forest after a rain. Again a slight hint of licorice, very pleasant. Medium viscosity on the palate, the proof kicks in just enough to give a medium length finish. The sweetness with a hint of spice lingers on. My favorite local liquor store recommended this to me. At first I was taken back, it’s a very unique taste. After a few pours it really started to grow on me. The initial surprise wasn’t negative, it was unexpected. I’ve really come to enjoy it and very happy with the purchase.
  9. stevencookie8

A delicious rye.
  10. ppochiro

Unique flavor. Enjoyed the flavor and finish for a higher proof

• The Epicurean Trader