Afrohead XO Rum

Dark Rum

Afrohead // Bahamas

1. captainpeaches

Tasted October 8, 2020
      Smell is molasses, yes I know that's obvious but thats all I can smell with this one. Maybe a little pepper. Taste is all thick caramel, ripe banana hint of lime, leather comes in near the end. Pretty sweet. Sweetness lingers for a while.
    2. senorarroz5150

Tasted October 2, 2020
    3. cshulman32

Tasted September 23, 2020
      I really love this product...fairly vanilla forward with a little oak from the aging.
    4. David-Pennell

Tasted September 1, 2020
    5. cshulman32

Tasted July 28, 2020
      Might be my favorite rum I have had that doesn’t have an overbearing vanilla component. Super mellow tasting with a decent amount of wood picked up from the barrel.
    6. zgraber

Tasted July 9, 2020
      A solid rum. Starts of with soft banana notes and then finishes with a spicy burn. Quite the contrast in flavors. Either way I am a fan
    7. senorarroz5150

Tasted July 5, 2020
      Carson
    8. nmatuschak

Tasted January 14, 2020
      Lots of flavors here, with a a nice char/vanilla smell on the nose with tastes a beguiling mixture of brown sugar, oak and maple. A bit too much of an acerbic aftertaste to everything but other than that an extremely complex, interesting rum.
    9. Zradix

Tasted December 21, 2018
      I can't believe the low scores this excellent rum has received. This rum is GOOD. It doesn't carry the amount of molasses flavor as many rums....it's there though. This rum is actually very well balanced with all the "traditional" rum flavors appearing one after another in a harmony of taste delight. It doesn't have the "funk" of some other aged rums...Bacardi 8 comes to mind. The oak in this is mellow and well rounded with just a touch of char coming through. This is coming from a boubon (Knob Creek 120p) /peated scotch (Laphroaig) lover. Try this one out. I think the review from distiller is pretty right on too. Excuse me while I go back to my glass....
    10. timfromdws

Tasted June 19, 2018
      Taken as a sip or shot the very strong molasses flavor comes through. Smoky and spicy. I did not enjoy it. When mixed with soda the spiciness goes away and it has a nice smoky sweet flavor. If the only rum available will do good as a mixed.
    Results 1-10 of 12 Tastes