Afrohead XO Rum

Dark Rum

Afrohead // Bahamas

1. captainpeaches

Smell is molasses, yes I know that's obvious but thats all I can smell with this one. Maybe a little pepper. Taste is all thick caramel, ripe banana hint of lime, leather comes in near the end. Pretty sweet. Sweetness lingers for a while.
  2. senorarroz5150

3. cshulman32

I really love this product...fairly vanilla forward with a little oak from the aging.
  4. David-Pennell

5. cshulman32

Might be my favorite rum I have had that doesn’t have an overbearing vanilla component. Super mellow tasting with a decent amount of wood picked up from the barrel.
  6. zgraber

A solid rum. Starts of with soft banana notes and then finishes with a spicy burn. Quite the contrast in flavors. Either way I am a fan
  7. senorarroz5150

Carson
  8. nmatuschak

Lots of flavors here, with a a nice char/vanilla smell on the nose with tastes a beguiling mixture of brown sugar, oak and maple. A bit too much of an acerbic aftertaste to everything but other than that an extremely complex, interesting rum.
  9. Zradix

I can't believe the low scores this excellent rum has received. This rum is GOOD. It doesn't carry the amount of molasses flavor as many rums....it's there though. This rum is actually very well balanced with all the "traditional" rum flavors appearing one after another in a harmony of taste delight. It doesn't have the "funk" of some other aged rums...Bacardi 8 comes to mind. The oak in this is mellow and well rounded with just a touch of char coming through. This is coming from a boubon (Knob Creek 120p) /peated scotch (Laphroaig) lover. Try this one out. I think the review from distiller is pretty right on too. Excuse me while I go back to my glass....
  10. timfromdws

Taken as a sip or shot the very strong molasses flavor comes through. Smoky and spicy. I did not enjoy it. When mixed with soda the spiciness goes away and it has a nice smoky sweet flavor. If the only rum available will do good as a mixed.