Appleton Estate Joy Anniversary Blend

3. KidCharlemane

Tasted July 15, 2020
    4. locorican68

Tasted June 28, 2020
      When it comes to premium rums, this has to be on the top of the list. The nose is similar to the AE 21, but more refined. Notes is chocolate, tobacco are clearly noticeable. The palate gives you more velvety sweet, rich flavors with a finish that’s smooth as silk. A top spirit.
    5. JMR353551

Tasted April 28, 2020
      I started out drinking aged rums before I got into whiskey and other spirits primarily due to the cost. I thought I was getting a deal when I could spend less than $50 on a 15 plus year aged rum. However, a decent number of these rums ended up being too sweet. Once I got into whiskey, I sort of stopped drinking rum. It's not that I didnt like it, it just didnt offer enough complexity. Jamaican rums, however, offered just the right amount of funk without being too sweet that I still drink them every now and again. So when this rum became available I had to give it a shot. Its costly, but well worth it. The aroma starts with tropical fruit and molasses. The palate reinforces the molasses but there is a richness that coats the mouth with vanilla, banana and light oak (less so than the Appleton 21yr). The funk that is typical of most Jamaican rums is really dialed back but in no way is that a knock on it. Unlike many long aged rums it's not overly oaky or too sweet. Its actually pretty dry. The finish does not disappoint, lasting for a long while after finishing and with only a slight touch of heat going down. Joy Spence is truly one of the most accomplished master blenders around and this is a truly amazing rum. I have tasted only a couple rums better than this so while I probably should round this up to a 5, I will stick to 4.75, but either way its outstanding.
    6. worldwhiskies95

Tasted January 30, 2020
      After attaboy headed to copper and oak where my friend and I had 1 oz pours of this and el Tesoro 80 and exchanged midway through. Great rum with notes of Cherry Cola, Banana, Pineapple, Plantains, Caramel, Citrus, Grass, and a hint of chocolate, showing a hint of Jamaican funk hampden estate is known for.
      28.0 USD per Pour