Balcones Texas Pot Still Bourbon

Balcones // Texas, USA

1. Al-Barnett

Copper / reddish appearance Vanilla and fruit aroma Corn, grain, and a bit of sweetness. Finishes a bit warm
  2. PaceCar

3. Bradc34

Incredibly corny. Reminds me of a hotter True Blue, or a slightly aged Baby Blue.
  4. tannergarza

Nose is full of apple and graham cracker. Taste wacky. Disjointed and far from harmonious. Doesn’t quite work as I mixer either.
  5. jshairrell

6. andrewk30

7. boogurt

8. Phil-Berry

Actually surprisingly good! Almost get a sweet like almond candy or a walnut nutty type of candy vibe on the palate ! The nose I kind of a honey and grass /earthy mixture that reeks of a pot still ! Honestly I was probably more harsh on Balcones at first when I started getting into whiskeys and bourbons but a few of their lines have changed my mind! Such a rapid difference between most distillery’s and at this point idk if they can be considered just a crappy craft distillery.... I’ve had a few store picks and all have been sublime! From the DFWWC pic to just the plain pot still . This distillery is slept on but won’t continue to be! I’ll happily buy pot still for $30 with no regrets for that change of pace But you’re either gonna love their stuff or hate it 86/100
  9. LagunaSurfer