Bowmore Vintner's Trilogy 18 Year Double Matured Manzanilla

Bowmore // Islay, Scotland

1. DrinkerDiary

★★★★★ Bowmore Vertical 5 of 7 Goddamn it, it's good! I have the impression that all my senses are in turmoil and that my body will explode in a panoply of extreme flavours. So many emotions that are spreading almost make me cry. For the price, compared to the other whiskies tasted today, I think this one would deserve the opening of a savings account. For $10 a month, I could get a bottle in three years
    350.0 CAD per Bottle
  2. aamirault

3. Mr_T

4. Darko

5. Darko

6. Craig

One of my favourites. Pairs well with a good cigar.
  7. Joe_C

It's perplexing and mercurial, being both sweet and smoky - think of salted fish, barbecue sauce and a cigar... all in one sitting. It's absolutely delicious!
  8. ** Disclaimer: This review is what I would consider a “Quick Hit”- meaning I won’t have my usual in-depth notes that I usually like to take. The reason: this sample was poured at Whiskyfest DC on 4/17/18. All of these reviews will not be scored and I am actively looking to try them again at some point to do them more justice. I had really high hopes for this one and I’m happy to say it didn’t disappoint me. I have the 2 bottles of this Vintner’s Trilogy: this 18 and the 26yo. I’m anxiously awaiting the 27yo’s release later this fall to make the set complete. It was great getting a chance to taste this one. It has the typical Bowmore sweet smoke profile, with an added bonus of the Amontillado sherry casks thrown in for good measure. The higher ABV also wards off most of the sulphuric notes usually associated with Bowmore. There was plenty of briny, sea notes here too. If the finish were a little more polished it would be a near perfect Bowmore. As it is, I’d say it was a solid 4. Cheers.
  9. Review #2 of 12 from DC Whiskyfest 2018. I was only able to do 12 because I came down with something that afternoon that really messed with my head and stomach. I should have just stayed in the hotel room but I didn’t pay $350 for VIP tickets to sample my pillow! No scores for anything sampled as I don’t think it would be fair. Strong oak, vanilla and peat on the nose. Vanilla, chocolate, peat, oak and pepper on the palate. Not a huge promise of depth to be discovered but I could be wrong.
  10. IndustrialStrengthFun