Glenmorangie Companta

Glenmorangie // Highlands, Scotland

1. leonidsh

I wanted to taste it for a long time but when it became clear that l missed all the chances, I saw it in some restaurant's bar and didn't withstand a tempt to order a portion. Perfect! I think it also played its part that the whisky was in already half-empty bottle for sometime and was oxydized a little, so it was ideally smooth. Never felt so clearly the dark chocolate notes in a whisky. Dark chocolate with orange. Long warming finish. Reminded me why I am a GM fan. Became my ultimate favorite side by side with Aberlour A'bunadh.
    20.0 USD per Pour
  2. caboosesw

3. Colt45CCG

4. bens4lsu

Delicious. Fairly low on the peat. A bit of fruit and a sweet finish.
  5. Dean-M-Tzobanakis

Wow what a full, rich, fruity nose. I haven’t even tasted it yet, but I needed to note the nose right away because it smells so good. Dark fruit and cinnamon spice are heavy. I could just smell it all day. On the taste, explosion of flavor in my mouth. Rich dark fruit once again. There’s a slight hint of barley mustiness toward the end, then it quickly gives way to a long, oily finish. Rich, velvety mouthfeel throughout. It’s like the 12 yr Quinta Ruban, but better. More wood spice and oily richness. Damn fine scotch. P.S. I’m halfway through the dram and I keep going back to how delightfully fruity and cinnamony that nose is. Damn.
  6. Colt45CCG