Jack Daniel's Single Barrel Barrel Stength

Tennessee

Jack Daniel's // Tennessee, USA

1. mrobertss27

Rural Inn Select #1 N: Similar to Elijah Craig Barrel Proof. Loads of sweet Barrel notes, leather, vanilla, chocolate, baking spices, very enjoyable but has some heat as well. P: very oily on the palate, really runs nicely over your mouth. I get a lot of oak and dark chocolate on the palate. I tend to find these same notes in most Barrel Proof bourbons. It does have a nice punch to it and long finish. The more you sip the more enjoyable it becomes. Takeaways: this could be disguised as GT Stagg or EC Barrel Proof and I think it would sneak past most without even knowing. It isn’t quite as refined as the higher end bourbons but for $65 sign me up all day.
  2. RyanATL

Jax Shortbarrel pick bottled 1-19-19
  3. bourbonlover83

4. Hjl

5. 04K3Y

6. matthewkortze

7. KBirken

8. Currymitch

What is it about this that I like so much? It's unique to my palate. Perhaps it's the charcoal mellowing? I've got a barrel pick and it's easily one of my favorite bottles. Delicious, deep nose. The flavor is a bit tropical/coconut, maple and molasses...sweet and vanilla. Great finish as well. It's got that burn, but it's brief.
  9. baslfr