McClelland's Single Malt Highland

1.5
  2. Lilgeberg

3. Vic-DeBari

4. waystrider

For only 40 bucks, I didn't have very high expectations. At first I was thinking "is this really subtle?" In truth, I think there just isn't much there.
  5. ------613

6. cwilli40

This is a delightfully easy sipper, though it lacks the complexities found in such Highlands as Macallan. The nose is 90% floral, with some fruity undertones and slight hints of caramel sweets. The palate is greeted with much of the same - I even think of floral tastes from gin. The burn is practically nonexistent and it goes down easy. This Scotch would make a great introductory piece for new drinkers, and I believe it would be a great entryway for those currently versed in Bourbons. The sweetness is there, but there is no onslaught of peat and brine to upset a virgin palate. The rating as an overall Scotch is lower, but for the price point, this is a solid 3.5-star.
  7. tkosman

Budget scotch. Reminiscent of what I personally associate with Speysides, so a little too floral for my tastes. That being said I appreciate the initial smokiness presented, probably because I prefer Islay scotch. Nose gives a light smoke character, with heavy presence of a sweetness like honey without the edge. Full bodied until you bring it to your lips, then it’s rather thin but consistent. Not a lot of mouth feel. Finish is extremely floral and short with little to no alcohol burn.
    ABC SELECT SPIRITS