Port Charlotte Islay Barley 2011

1. BourbonExplorer

2. Mikhailvh

3. Patrick-Cloutier

4. Szarkie

Peat, smoke, and heat. Quite sweet.
  5. webbyiu

6. Melissssssa

Smooth, leather, tasty. Awesome
  7. worldwhiskies95

A delicious dram with notes of smoke, peat, creamy vanilla, floral, pepper, caramel, citrus, and chocolate. Not as good as the 10 and wish it was a bit thicker on the palette but delicious nonetheless.
    Beauty & Essex
  8. wms

9. sabadir

The Whisky Exchange
  10. Bergkampgunner

Opened this bottle a few days ago and went back to it today with a friend. Maybe it’s the company but it’s even better today. In addition to my previous review I’m getting a ton of SWEETNESS on the palate. Probably the honey note but I’m getting a bit of something citrusy too. Just a little and I didn’t get it at all on first opening. I will re-note...the amount of burn on this is amazingly slight for a young whiskey at this ABV. I’ve had many a bottle in bond bourbons that have way more bite than this. The 8 year Lagavulin has a lower alcohol content, stayed in the barrel longer, and was much harsher. This is smooth and sweet (apparently) while being a peat bomb. I finished the glass and a half hour later my fiancé walked by the empty glass and did a slight recoil. I asked her what was up and she just said “smoky!” Couldn’t have said it better myself!!