Rothman & Winter Crème de Violette

Floral Liqueurs

Rothman & Winter // Austria

1. escijay

2. sevriort

It ends a bit too sweet for me, unsurprisingly. However, it is nice when cut with club soda. The carbination highlights the floral notes nicely.
    3. Ancient33w

I have been playing around with classic cocktails and several drinks called for a "Creme de Violette" liqueur and this had a cooler bottle than the other one at my local liquor store. The liquid inside is a has a light floral scent that is also on the sweet side. I will get to the drinks in a little bit as I did try this by itself and it was not terrible. Neat it is very floral and syrupy sweet it smooths out with ice or water but I did not like it very much. I did add a few ounces of milk to some and the drink was not too bad, kind of like an adult purple cow with flowers. I have used it primarily to make the Aviation and Blue Moon cocktails and the difference this makes is wonderful. The Aviation can be made with or without but I greatly prefer it with the Creme de Violette. This is a very niche liqueur and it will probably take me a year or more to use the bottle but it is excellent at what it does and as long as I have space in my bar and I am making classic old cocktails then I will have this at home.
    4. Kahlua11

The Cognac base gives it a little bit more complexity than other creme de violettes I have tasted.
    5. ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW

8. Bbaxter9417

9. Akira11503

10. vv-CAMO-vv

11. Mixological95

A great choice when making an Aviation. I also recommend Giffards and The Bitter Truth when shopping for this particular liqueur.
    Results 1-10 of 14 Tastes