Westland Garryana 2016 Edition 1|1

American Single Malt

Westland // Washington , USA

1. joshualeekaiser

2. brent

Been a few since I have tasted. A bit spicier than I remember but quite good. Fire in the belly.
    Seattle

nice complex flavor. sampled in Seattle 8.14.17
  8. Ian-Shatanoff

9. MDrollette

10. washeewashee

Nose - Hint of sweet apples/pears, milk chocolate, lightly smoked sweet cured ham or turkey jerky, toasted orange peels. Taste - Sweet, lightly smoked honey/maple glazed ham or turkey jerky, nice black & white pepper spice, spiced baked pears/apples, lightly bitter apple/pear skins. Finish - Long lingering pepper spice, gently fading bitter apple peels, lingering sweet smoked turkey jerky, lightly smoked salt. Score - 89/100 Final Thoughts - Not normally being a huge fan of heavily peated whiskies, this strikes a very nice balance. It's lightly peated and combines a nice savory sweet profile that is quite enjoyable, but I think I'd have to be in the mood for something like this. Not sure I could really treat this as a daily and I think its complexity is best enjoyed neat as opposed to being used in a cocktail. I'm not really sure I can pick out which component was influenced by the Garry oak, but I look forward to seeing what else comes out of this distillery.