Westland Garryana 2016 Edition 1|1

American Single Malt

Westland // Washington , USA

1. kjdaniel31

Shockingly unique; drinks more like a single malt scotch than an American whiskey. Reminded me of Highland Park 18. This is a must try.
  2. WHISKETEER

3. lorenjudah

The nose is warm with rich BBQ notes. On the pallet, the BBQ opens up to full mesquite. The finish is rich and full-bodied with ham and sweet notes to boot. Such a lovely, unique flavor that demands it's own category.
  4. Kyle-Dallefeld

5. PBMichiganWolverine

During my 2nd year of my MBA, I already had a job offer, but I used to sign up for interviews anyway just to get in all the free food and drinks (the night before, companies used to wine and dine us). I bombed the interviews on purpose, just wanted the free food. So...today I get an email from Park Ave Liquor in NYC (which by the way is on Madison Ave, but whatever floats their boat). They had a tasting event sponsored by Westland. I'm there, even though it's out of my way from Penn Station!! Like business school all over again! Free drinks and all you have to do is chat! I especially wanted to try their Garryanna. It's good...real good. Amanda's spot on---fruity with a heaping dose of coffee, fresh herbs and a wee bit of peatiness (which the guy told me is not from peat, but the west coast native species of oak called Garryanna. He said it's just under 3 yrs old as well. Now the bad news---it's $115!!! It's good, but not $115 good.
  6. DanielMeichtry