Eagle Rare 17 Year Bourbon (Fall 2019)

Eagle Rare // Kentucky, USA

1. ShatteredArm

Favorite of the 2019 lineup
    70.0 USD per Pour
    Magnum's Cigars Wine & Liquor
  2. whiskeylogs

3. lambeb1

This was a little hot on the front for me. The flavor was probably too complex for my simpleton taste buds, but there was a good bit of acetone, I know the proof would provide more heat, but I was hoping it would be smoother. The finish, however, was excellent. This would probably make a mean old fashioned, which is what I plan to try next.
  4. ick

5. MBolger85

6. Carmel on the nose, but light. More of a butterscotch aroma. First sip: flavorless across the pallet. Very warm finish, nice and long. Might need some ice to bring out the flavor. Second sip: butterscotch, albeit extremely light on the tip of the tongue, then again on the sides of the tongue, between the mid and back pallet. The aftertaste is very dry. After a few more sips I am convinced that I don’t really care for this one. I’m bummed because I wanted to love it so I could search for a bottle. PS, there’s a little apricot in there. **Edit** Turns out I had a cold when I tired this and literally couldn’t taste anything I ate for the next few few days. I’ll have to try this again in the furture.
  7. Eli-White

I could sniff this butterscotch oak bomb all day. This is so good. I drinking it with Pappy 15. Both are amazing but this is better. The finish is long. The oak is sweet. The additional proof is spot on. If you can get a bottle do not hesitate. This is second only to WLW.
  8. hightest

LBN tasting
  9. fcopanas

Well done. Very balanced. Nose is cereal/grains, oaky/woody, cherries, maybe vanilla. Taste is cherries with cereal. Nice hints of oak. Finish is return of the cereal and wood with some vanilla. This is not a strong or hot bourbon. Tastes are subtle. I recommend no water or ice.
    The Royale
  10. underscore

Prefer with water Nose: weak nose, herbal Taste: spicy, warm, smoother with water