Glen Grant 15 Year

Glen Grant // Speyside, Scotland

1. AJLovesWhiskey

2. dhsilv2

Nose - vanilla, pears and oranges. There are spices, and a bit of an alcohol kick for 50%. The oak is giving off some toffee notes and perhaps even a bit of an oat note. More citrus and oak forward overall. Taste - The flavor is much more vanilla and cereal grains with the fruit notes becoming a bit more oak tannin and bitter. This however gives way to a nice oaky and vanilla finish that lingers medium long (pretty good for a 15 year). Water really opens this up, brings out more of the fruits, pulls back the tannins and takes some of the bitter off. This is really nicely done whisky. If you'd told me there was a very small portion of this in ex sherry casks I might have believed it, instead it's all ex bourbon and it's very good. I forget the price, I want to say 80ish and at that price it's getting difficult for me to recommend, but I'd still consider it a good pour. 2.25, it's a great whisky for ex bourbon cask lovers and it's got enough extra to push it past just being a whisky for that profile only. I also am digging the finish...actually I'm pushing it to 2.5 as the finish is on par with some 21 year olds I've had. The reason this isn't getting into the 3's as I realize I've been writing a love fest relatively speaking is that it's overly drying and that's taking away from my overall enjoyment. It however needs that abv as that's really helping with the mouth feel and giving it a creamy coating.
  3. thurt89

4. Hacim

5. WhiskyandBBQ

True speyside. The smell has nice oak with a slight apple. Taste has an oak forward finish that is slightly oily. A couple drops of water opens it up. The salt air is easily found with some pepper on the finish.
  6. Stajima

Total Wine & More
  7. AJLovesWhiskey

Sweet on the nose. Tastes hotter than the 100 proof beat, but with an ice cube that mellows out and is pretty good.
  8. trummis

9. viharsheth

2019.01.29
  10. Vurumai

Tastes this when my palate was pretty wrecked. Don’t get much from the nose but might benefit from a better glass. The taste has an early bite of citrus that fades quickly to a warm woody flavor and finished with spiced fruit. Would not push a glass away if it was poured for me but don’t think I will get another bottle.